Terms & Conditions
All orders will be processed under the regular timelines of:
- 8-10 business days for regular diamond jewelry
- 10-12 business days for eternity bands, tennis bracelets, and gemstone jewelry
- 12-15 business days for La Fleur Bangles and Bands
Note: All returned purchases must be in original condition (unworn, tagged, and unaltered with no missing parts) and accompanied by the original packaging, certificates (if applicable), warranty documents (if applicable) and instructions. Refunds to the original mode of payment or Verlas Credit are subject to standard inspection.*
When you return items for refunds, exchanges or repairs, we require 3-5 business days to process your jewelry for a standard inspection. You will be charged an additional $15 for missing certificates, or you can ship back the certificate using your preferred shipping carrier. 30-day returns of untagged or worn products will be eligible for Verlas Credit. 60-day returns of modified products or products missing parts may not be eligible for a 100% Verlas Credit. You may be responsible for the cost of the return as stated in the Return Policy. Upon successful inspection, refunds or Verlas Credit will apply under the terms of the 30-Day, 60-Day, Engraved Jewelry, Promotional Offers Policy or those communicated to you via firstname.lastname@example.org. Review full Return Policy here.
2. Materials and Services. Through this Site, Operator may make available to you: (a) certain audio and visual articles, text, images, illustrations, photographs, video, stories, cartoons, characters, documents and other materials contained or displayed in or made available through this Site (collectively, “Materials”); and (b) various services operated by Operator, such as content management service, audio recording services, chat rooms, bulletin boards and others (collectively, “Services”).
3. License. Operator and its licensors grant to you a personal, non-exclusive, non-transferable license to: (a) access, view, download, print, use and display Materials; and (b) use the tools and software on this Site (collectively, “Software”); solely for your own personal, informational, non-commercial use. In these TOU, all references to the “Site” shall be deemed to include all “Software,” “Materials” and “Services,” unless otherwise expressly indicated. All rights not expressly granted by Operator to you are retained by Operator, and you may not use this Site and/or any element of this Site in any manner or for any purpose not expressly authorized by these TOU. The rights granted to you do not include, and are not applicable to, the design or layout of this Site, which are protected by trade dress and other laws and may not be copied or imitated in whole or in part.
4. Restrictions; Removal. You shall not: (a) remove or destroy any proprietary rights marks or legends on or in this Site; (b) modify, enhance, adapt, translate, or create derivative works of this Site; (c) republish, post, transmit, transfer, distribute, assign, sublicense, rent, lease or sell this Site; (d) decompile, disassemble or reverse engineer this Site; (e) reproduce or make copies of this Site; (f) “frame” or “mirror” this Site on any other server or Internet-based device; and/or (g) access, view, download, print, use and/or display this Site for any commercial or other money-making purpose. You acknowledge that certain elements of this Site are, or may in the future be, licensed to Operator by third parties and that the availability of such elements may cease automatically, without notice or liability on the part of Operator.
6. Registration and Passwords.
7. Account Information and Data.
8. Ownership. Operator and/or its licensors own and shall retain all rights, title and interests, including all intellectual property rights, in and to this Site, and all elements thereof. Except for the express licenses granted to you herein, you neither have nor acquire any rights, title or interests in or to this Site, or any element thereof.
9. Marks and Logos. “Verlas”, “Direct From Factory, Inc.,” “Direct From Factory,” “Verlas.com” and all other names, marks, symbols and logos used in connection with this Site are trademarks of Operator or other third parties (the “Marks”). Operator grants you no license, permission or authorization to reproduce or use any Marks, whether owned by Operator or a third party. You agree not to display, copy, redistribute or use any Marks in any manner for any reason without Operator’s prior express written consent.
10. Third Party Sites and Materials.
11. Third-Party Transactions. In your use of this Site, you may enter into correspondence with, purchase or sell goods and/or services from or to, or participate in promotions of advertisers or sponsors showing their products and/or services through this Site. Any such activity, and any terms, conditions, warranties or representations associated with such activity, are solely between you and the applicable third party. Operator shall have no liability, obligation or responsibility for any such correspondence, transaction, exchange, purchase, sale, promotion or other activity conducted between you and any third party. Because Operator is not and cannot be a party in your communications, interactions and/or transactions with any third parties on or through this Site, in the event that you have a dispute with one or more such third parties, you acknowledge that your sole and exclusive remedies are against such third parties. You expressly covenant not to sue or otherwise assert any claim against Operator in connection with such disputes, and hereby release Operator, its subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, directors, agents and employees from any and all claims, demands, suits, expenses, fees (including attorneys’ fees), judgments, penalties, fines and damages of every kind and nature, known and unknown, suspected and unsuspected, disclosed and undisclosed, arising out of or in any way connected with such disputes.
12. Your Additional Responsibilities. You are solely responsible for any and all activities that occur under your account including inputting, maintaining, and managing accurate information and ensuring that you exit or log-off from your account at the end of each session of use. You shall notify Operator immediately of any unauthorized use of your password or account or any other breach of security that is known or suspected by you. You shall also use your best efforts to stop immediately any copying or distribution of this Site that is known or suspected by you. Operator shall not be responsible for any unauthorized access to, or alteration of, your transmissions or Data, any material, information or data sent or received, regardless of whether the data is actually received by Operator, or any transactions entered into through the Service or failure to abide by these TOU.
13. Compliance with Laws; Prohibited Activities. You agree to abide by all applicable local, state, and federal laws, regulations, statutes, rules and ordinances, in connection with your use of this Site. Without limiting the foregoing, you shall not use this Site to: (a) send unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, junk mail, spam, chain letters, pyramid schemes, or any other form of duplicative or unsolicited messages, whether commercial or otherwise; (b) harvest, collect, gather or assemble information or data regarding other users, including e-mail addresses; (c) transmit or post unlawful, harassing, bigoted, racist, hateful, libelous, abusive, tortious, defamatory, threatening, harmful, invasive of another’s privacy, vulgar, obscene or otherwise objectionable material of any kind or nature or which is harmful to minors in any way; (d) transmit or post any material that may infringe the intellectual property rights or other rights of third parties, including trademark, trade secret, copyright or right of publicity; (e) transmit or post any material that contains software viruses or other harmful or deleterious computer code, files or programs such as Trojan horses, worms, time bombs and cancelbots; (f) interfere with or disrupt servers or networks connected to this Site or violate the regulations, policies or procedures of such networks; (g) attempt to gain unauthorized access to this Site or computer systems or networks connected to this Site through password mining or any other means; (h) harass or interfere with another user’s use and enjoyment of this Site; or (i) transmit or post, or promote the transmission or posting of, an illegal or unauthorized copy of another person’s work, such as providing pirated computer programs or links to them, providing information to circumvent manufacture-installed copy-protect devises, or providing pirated content or links to pirated content files. In addition, you agree not to use any device, software, or routine, including but not limited to any viruses, worms, time bombs, to interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of this Site or any Service, or to intercept any system, data or personal information from this Site, nor will you take any action that imposes an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on this Site’s infrastructure.
14. Your Contributions to this Site.
15. Online Purchases.
15.1 If you wish to purchase any goods or services made available through this Site (each such purchase, a "Transaction"), you may be asked to supply certain information relevant to your Transaction including, without limitation, your credit card number, the expiration date of your credit card, your billing address, and your shipping information. YOU REPRESENT AND WARRANT THAT YOU HAVE THE LEGAL RIGHT TO USE ANY CREDIT CARD(S) OR OTHER PAYMENT METHOD(S) UTILIZED IN CONNECTION WITH ANY TRANSACTION. By submitting such information, you grant to Operator the right to provide such information to third parties for purposes of facilitating the completion of any Transaction initiated by you or on your behalf. Verification of information may be required prior to the acknowledgment or completion of any Transaction.
15.2 All descriptions, images, references, features, content, specifications, products, and prices of products and services described or depicted on this Site are subject to change at any time without notice. Certain weights, measures, and other descriptions are approximate and are provided for convenience purposes only. The inclusion of any products or services on this Site does not guarantee that these products or services will be available. It is your responsibility to ascertain and obey all applicable local, state, federal, and international laws (including minimum age requirements) in regard to the receipt, possession, use, and sale of any item purchased from this Site. By placing an order, you represent that the products ordered will be used only in a lawful manner. Operator reserves the right, with or without prior notice, to: (i) limit the available quantity of or discontinue any products or services; (ii) impose conditions on the honoring of any coupon, coupon code, promotional code, or other similar promotion; (iii) bar any user from making or completing any or all Transaction(s); and/or (iv) refuse to provide any user with any product or service. You agree to pay all charges that may be incurred by you or on your behalf through this Site, at the price(s) in effect when such charges are incurred including, without limitation, all shipping and handling charges. In addition, you remain responsible for any taxes that may be applicable to your Transactions.
15.8 Product warranties may be purchased at the time the product is purchased or within sixty (60) days of receiving the product. The product warranty will include removing scratches, polishing metal, tightening loose prongs, re-sizing of rings, un-tangling chains, replacing loose pushbacks, removing/adding/changing engraving. Your product should be unaltered from its original form and should not be missing parts. All warranted products are eligible for free Repairs under the terms of Repair Services, Upgrades, and Buybacks (as further described below). When you participate in the Upgrade or Buy-Back Program, your warranty will lapse on that product. If a product is purchased as a gift for someone else, they will need to have the original warranty to have any service work done on a warranty product. All products serviced under a warranty are subject to inspection and shipping costs and shipping insurance is your responsibility.
15.9 If you are looking to sell products previously purchased with Operator, you can reach out to Operator through the Buy-Back Program. Operator buys back its own products under warranty from their customers with a flat 35% deduction on the original value of the product, less shipping and uncovered repairs, no matter when you are looking to sell. Operator will also buy back diamonds when you prefer to keep the under warranty setting with a flat 35% deduction on the original value of the product (at the time the product was purchased), less shipping and uncovered repairs.
15.10 If you are interested in purchasing a new product of higher value from Operator but no longer wish to keep a product previously purchased with Operator, you can send the product to Operator to get 100% of the original value of the product as an Operator Credit. These Credits can be used towards the purchase of new products that are 50% or higher in value than the old product. The Promo Code with the Credit value will be provided to you to apply to one new product within one (1) year and it cannot be combined with the total value of the purchase of multiple products.
15.12 Try-At-Home Program. Operator offers a Try-At-Home Program where you may select up to three (3) samples of a product to be sent to you to try on for fifteen (15) days. A refundable deposit of $99 will be charged for these sample products. Sample products are made of brass and coated and polished to look like gold and cubic zirconia is used in place of diamonds. Sample rings will be provided in size 7 unless discussed with Operator in advance. Bracelets are not offered as part of the Try-At-Home Program.
16. Linking to this Site and Social Media Features. You may link to this Site homepage, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage Operator’s reputation or take advantage of it, but you must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on Operator’s part without Operator’s express written consent.
This Site may provide certain social media features that enable you to:
- Link from your own or certain third-party websites to certain content on this Site.
- Send e-mails or other communications with certain content, or links to certain content, on this Site.
- Cause limited portions of content on this Site to be displayed or appear to be displayed on your own or certain third-party websites.
Subject to the foregoing, you must not:
- Establish a link from any website that is not owned by you.
- Cause this Site or portions of it to be displayed, or appear to be displayed by, for example, framing, deep linking or in-line linking, on any other site.
- Link to any part of this Site other than the homepage.
- Otherwise take any action with respect to the materials on this Site that is inconsistent with any other provision of these TOU.
The website from which you are linking, or on which you make certain content accessible, must comply in all respects with the content standards set out in these TOU. You agree to cooperate with us in causing any unauthorized framing or linking immediately to cease. Operator reserves the right to withdraw linking permission without notice. Operator may disable all or any social media features and any links at any time without notice.
17. Geographic Restrictions. The Operator is based in the state of New York in the United States. We provide this Site for use only by persons located in the United States. We make no claims that this Site or any of its content is accessible or appropriate outside of the United States. Access to this Site may not be legal by certain persons or in certain countries. If you access this Site from outside the United States, you do so on your own initiative, at your sole risk, and you are responsible for compliance with all applicable laws.
18. Indemnification. You shall indemnify, defend and hold Operator, its licensors and information providers, and each such party’s parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, directors, employees, attorneys, and agents, harmless from and against any and all claims, actions, proceedings, costs, damages, losses, liabilities, and expenses (including attorneys’ fees and costs) arising out of or in connection with your: (a) access to and/or use of this Site; (b) Submissions, Data and other information provided to Operator; (c) breach of these TOU; and/or (c) violation of any applicable law or right of a third party.
19. DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES.
20. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY AND ACTIONS. REGARDLESS OF THE FORM OF ACTION OR THEORY OF RECOVERY, IN NO EVENT SHALL OPERATOR, ITS LICENSORS OR CONTENT PROVIDERS BE LIABLE OR RESPONSIBLE TO YOU IN CONNECTION WITH THE SITE, OR YOUR USE THEREOF, FOR ANY: (A) INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, EVEN IF THEY ARE AWARE OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES; (B) LOST PROFITS, LOST REVENUE, LOSS OF DATA, LOST EXPECTANCY, BUSINESS INTERRUPTIONS AND/OR BENEFIT OF THE BARGAIN DAMAGES; AND/OR (C) DIRECT DAMAGES IN AN AMOUNT GREATER THAN FIVE THOUSAND DOLLARS ($5,000 USD). ANY CLAIM RELATED TO THE SITE MUST BE INITIATED WITHIN ONE (1) YEAR OF THE DATE YOU KNEW, OR REASONABLY SHOULD HAVE KNOWN, OF THE EXISTENCE OF SUCH CLAIM AGAINST OPERATOR.
21.1 Operator controls and operates this Site from its location(s) in the United States of America. Operator makes no representation that this Site is appropriate or available for use in other locations. Those who choose to access this Site do so on their own initiative and are responsible for compliance with local laws, if and to the extent local laws are applicable. You are expressly prohibited from using or accessing this Site from any location in which this Site and/or any Software, Materials and/or Services would violate any law within of that jurisdiction. Any diversion of the Software, Materials and/or Services contrary to United States law is prohibited.
21.2 Software from this Site may further be subject to United States export controls. No Software from this Site may be downloaded or otherwise exported or re-exported: (a) into (or to a national or resident of) Cuba, Iraq, Libya, North Korea, Iran, Syria, or any other country to which the U.S. has embargoed goods; or (b) to anyone on the U.S. Treasury Department's list of Specially Designated Nationals or the U.S. Commerce Department's Table of Deny Orders. By downloading or using the Software, you represent and warrant that you are not located in, under the control of, or a national or resident of any such country or on any such list.
22. Term and Termination.
23. Prohibition of Class, Representative, and Consolidated Actions; Wavier of Jury Trial. You and Operator agree that each of us may bring claims against the other only on an individual basis and not as a plaintiff or class member in any purported class or representative action. Both you and Operator each waive any right to a jury trial.
24. New York Law and Jurisdiction. In order to ensure consistency in the interpretation and enforcement of these TOU and Operator’s rights in this Site, these TOU will be governed exclusively by New York law and controlling United States federal law, without regard to the choice or conflicts of law provisions of any jurisdiction. You expressly agree that any litigation arising between you and Operator related, in any way, to this Site and/or these TOU, and/or any and all disputes, actions, claims, or causes of action related thereto, shall be initiated and maintained only in the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York and/or the Supreme Civil Court of the County of New York, New York. You expressly consent and irrevocably submit to the exclusive personal jurisdiction and venue of such courts.
25. Notice and Procedure for Making Claims of Copyright Infringement.
25.1 Pursuant to Title 17, United States Code, Section 512(c)(2), notifications of claimed copyright infringement must be submitted to the following Operator Designated Agent.
25.2 To be effective, the notification must be a written communication that includes the following.
25.3 Operator may give notice to Operator’s users by means of a general notice on this Site, electronic mail to a user's e-mail address on Operator’s records, or by written communication sent by first-class mail to a user's address on Operator’s records.
26. Severability. If any provision of these TOU is held by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid or unenforceable, then such provision shall be modified to the extent necessary to be valid and enforceable, and all other provisions of these TOU shall remain in full force and effect.
27. Waiver. The failure of Operator to enforce any right or provision in these TOU shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision unless acknowledged and agreed to by Operator in writing. No waiver shall be implied from a failure of either party to exercise a right or remedy. In addition, no waiver of a party’s right or remedy will affect the other provisions of these TOU.
28. Relationship. The relationship between you and Operator is that of independent contract. No joint venture, partnership, employment, or agency relationship exists between you and Operator as a result of these TOU or your access to this Site. Neither party has the authority to create any obligations for the other, or to bind the other to any representation, statement or document.
30. Gift Card.
30.1The gift card comes with a 1-year validity from the date of purchase.
30.2Gift card is meant for one-time use. Hence, partial redemptions cannot be made i.e. if your gift card is worth $250, the whole amount has to be used towards paying for an order.
30.3 If you return the product purchased using a gift card, the requisite amount will be refunded to you as Verlas Credit.
30.4 No promotional offer or discount is applicable to purchasing a Verlas’ gift card.